STATE OF THE INDUSTRY
The Health Cell's premier annual event designed to showcase the vibrant local health care and bioscience industry through presenters who share their compelling stories.
OPPORUNITY TO PRESENT
Thursday, May 11, 2023, 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm,
Location: Security Service Event Center, 15000 I-10, San Antonio, Texas 78249
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: February 17, 2023
NOTIFICATION LETTER: March 17, 2023
FORMAT: Submit online at: https://thehealthcell.submittable.com/submit
DO YOU HAVE A GREAT HEALTH CARE OR BIOSCIENCE STORY TO TELL? The Health Cell, San Antonio’s premier networking and leadership development organization for professionals in health care and bioscience, is calling for nominations for presenters for its signature annual event. The State of the Industry is a once-a-year opportunity to cast a spotlight on your work, research, product or company to an audience of thought leaders, senior executives, academic and industry professionals.
THE FOCUS IS ON THE STORIES OF THE PEOPLE WHO DRIVE THE INDUSTRY IN THE SAN ANTONIO REGION. The annual State of the Industry features the rich diversity of the industry today and the people and projects that point to an even brighter future. A panel of judges will select five presenters for the 2023 State of the Industry to tell their stories on the respective dates noted. They will represent large and small organizations, the well-known and the yet-to-be-discovered, events that are significant today, and those with the potential for great impact in the future.
CAPTIVATING STORIES CONVEY THE JOURNEY HIGHLIGHTING THE CHALLENGES, ROADBLOCKS, AND THE LITTLE WINS ALONG THE PATHWAY. They’ll inspire the audience with inside back stories and the reflections of people who lived them. Successful submissions will reveal who had the vision, who offered support, what assets were critical to success, what changed along the way, and who and what are affected by the outcome.
GUIDANCE AND LOGISTICS:
- THE EVENT IS A CELEBRATION of the health care and bioscience community. Stories will be selected based on their ability to convey what San Antonio’s health care and bioscience industry achieved in 2022, so applications should be based on events that occurred in the last twelve months, initiatives that began in 2022, or projects that achieved a significant milestone in the past 12 months.
- SUBMISSION OF A STORY IS A COMMITMENT TO PRESENT on the evening of May 11 2023.
- YOU’LL HAVE THE SPOTLIGHT ALL TO YOURSELF when delivering a scripted 8-minute presentation on stage guided by a time clock. Attendees expect an intimate evening featuring up-close, first-hand inspirational stories. Presentations are oral but can be supported by a few visuals (i.e. power point slides) projected on a screen.
- IT’S A FAST-PACED 8-minute storytelling. This event is unique, however, for inspiration similar presentations are pitch competitions, TED Talks, mock investor meetings, and Three Minute Thesis events.
- A TRUE REFLECTION OF THE DIVERSITY OF THE INDUSTRY IS THE GOAL. Therefore, submissions are encouraged from all facets: health care delivery, military medicine, R&D, biotech, medical devices, industry, academia, public and private organizations.
- IT’S YOUR MOMENT TO SHINE, so The Health Cell board will offer support in the form of guidance on audience compositions and interest, assistance with script edits, selection of visuals, presentation coaching, etc.
- SPEAKER REQUIREMENTS: If selected as a finalist, we request confirmation that you will be available to present within 2 days of your notification email. If you are unavailable, The Health Cell reserves the right to select another finalist to present. Presenters must be available in advance of State of the Industry for the speaker preparation meetings and must be available the evening of May 11, 2023 for the presentation.
- PRESENTATION: Presenters will prepare up to an 8 minute presentation/discussion within approximately 4 weeks after speaker preparation meeting. (A Health Cell board member liaison will be available to assist with content reviews and practice sessions.)
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The Health Cell board may follow-up with an applicant for clarification or to seek additional information. If selected, presenters will sign an agreement granting The Health Cell permission to use materials, information and photos included in the application, as well as video recordings, photography, and transcripts made at the event. Protected or sensitive information should not be submitted. The Health Cell takes reasonable steps but cannot guarantee protection. An independent panel of judges will review the applications and select the 2023 storytellers. Decision of the judges is final.
Questions? Email email@example.com